Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wide awake...

It's 2:20AM and I am still wide awake. Must have been the coffee I had this evening while wrapping up a conversation with a friend, must have also been the cold shower I took just before hitting the bed, but I think that there is one major culprit for this stolen sleep -- it's that thought again of wanting to break free from a bad habit.

I am glad that a few - if none at all - read my blogs. I feel a sense of freedom to just write about anything here. Thoughts that I have been wanting to read aloud but never intended to be listened to by anyone. It is that place where I can just spend a few minutes trying to get my mind and hands busy while hoping for sleep to catch up on me.. at least before I end this entry. Just to speak of maybe nonsense, just to write about nothing significant, just so... just so.. I can get my mind off thoughts that will only bring a sense of defeat.

I don't want to sound like a real loser because I am not. I know that I have overcome a lot of those habits already, I know that I have decided to really move on, I know that I have committed fully to God's sovereign will. And I know that most of the time I walk on higher grounds... but times come when I find myself in those familiar crevices, knowing that I might find things there that will cause me to think of thoughts I shouldn't be thinking, & feel emotions I shouldn't be feeling, & yes even loose precious sleep over them.

When moments like this come only one person calms my heart, only one act brings me peace. I wonder what a sad life it will be for me if Christ is not at the center of it, if prayer is not powerful for me. I open God's word and I know He is right there to uplift me, to encourage me, to remind me... that I am a work in progress. That the things that matter to me, matter to Him because I matter to Him. That no matter how many times I come back to those crevices, He will not get tired getting me back on higher ground. That He will listen no matter how many times I repeat myself. That I can count on Him to be always be there for me -- even when the going gets even tougher. Not only is He showing me this through some unexplainable grace, but He uses people -- people who are even the least that I expect to come through for me but yes they do. They are God's vessels of love, acceptance and blessings.

Things can only get better, life can only get more beautiful. I am a clay in my Potter's hands. No matter how many times I get pounded on, how many more swirling I need to go through, and how much more heat I need to take -- my Potter can only be doing a masterpiece out of this episode in my life. God is indeed a faithful God and blessed are indeed those who wait upon Him for help.

3:07... my dearest Father, let me fall asleep in your loving arms now..


Simple Abundance: I finished some work tonight because well...I cannot sleep, I am now more prepared for tom's load then
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Just read your entry Marje.... just to let you know someone does... but doesn't mean you should stop expressing whatever it is you want to... love you friend. I'll always be here.

9:13 AM  
Blogger marje said...

love you too my friend.. you don't know how much comfort you offered when you reminded me that there will always be someone who will not tire. By the way, you still owe me one kwento =)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

OO nga!!! I still owe you that! Come let's have a date. =)

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home